After a hot day on the sports courts and fields Alison cooked up a butter fly lamb and a little steak (Morley is not a lamb fan). Other then the pepper, oil and vinegar it all the ingredients came fresh from the farm.
I had to do something to help so I whipped up this simple sauce to go with the meat. It met with Morley’s approval as well as our lamb eaters.
CILANTRO-MINT SAUCE RECIPE
• 2 teaspoons minced ginger
• 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
• 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
• 1/2 cup canola or other mild vegetable oil
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste