The Goonengerry and Federal area of New South Wales is a beautiful and tranquil region located in the stunning Northern Rivers region of the state. It is the perfect place for a relaxing and refreshing holiday surrounded by nature and stunning views.
One of the best things about the area is the lush rainforest that covers the hills, providing a perfect backdrop for a range of outdoor activities. The area is also home to many pristine waterfalls, including the stunning Minyon Falls and Protestor Falls, which are perfect for swimming and picnicking.
In addition to its natural beauty, the Goonengerry and Federal area also offers a range of cultural attractions, including art galleries, studios, and local markets that showcase the work of local artisans and craftspeople.
If you’re looking for adventure, you can take a hike through the rainforest or visit the local farms and orchards for some fresh produce. There are also many opportunities for horse riding, mountain biking, and kayaking in the nearby rivers.
For those who enjoy exploring the local history, the area is rich in cultural heritage and has many historical landmarks, including the Mullumbimby Museum, which features a collection of photographs, documents, and artifacts from the area’s past.
Lastly, the area offers a wide range of dining options, from casual cafes to high-end restaurants. The local cuisine is delicious and offers fresh, locally sourced ingredients.
Overall, the Goonengerry and Federal area of New South Wales is a beautiful and diverse region that offers a range of activities and attractions for travelers of all ages and interests. Whether you’re looking for adventure, relaxation, or cultural experiences, you’re sure to find something that suits your needs here!
What can you do around Goonengerry?
There are many things to see and do around Goonengerry, which is located in the beautiful Northern Rivers region of New South Wales. Here are some of the activities and attractions you can enjoy in the area:
- Visit Minyon Falls: This stunning waterfall is located in Nightcap National Park and is a must-see attraction for nature lovers. You can take a scenic hike to the falls and enjoy a picnic lunch while taking in the breathtaking views. 30 minutes drive from Cromwell Farms
- Explore the rainforest: The surrounding rainforest is home to a diverse range of wildlife and offers many hiking trails and walking tracks that provide a unique opportunity to explore the natural beauty of the region. 5 minutes drive from Cromwell Farms
- Discover local markets: The area is home to several local markets, including the weekly Mullumbimby Farmers Market, where you can find fresh produce, handmade crafts, and local delicacies. 20 minutes drive from Cromwell Farms
- Horse riding: There are several horse riding stables in the area, where you can take guided tours of the surrounding countryside and rainforest. Available year round at Cromwell Farms.
- Visit the Crystal Castle: The Crystal Castle is a unique attraction that features a large collection of crystals, gardens, and a peaceful meditative space. 10 minutes drive from Cromwell Farms
- Explore the Byron Bay Hinterland: Goonengerry is located in the Byron Bay hinterland, and you can explore the nearby towns of Mullumbimby, Bangalow, and Byron Bay, each offering its own unique attractions and activities. 10 minutes drive from Cromwell Farms
- Enjoy local cuisine: The area is home to many local cafes and restaurants that offer delicious, fresh, and locally sourced food, including fresh seafood, organic produce, and artisanal treats. 5 minutes drive from Cromwell Farms
These are just a few examples of the many activities and attractions that you can enjoy in and around Goonengerry. Whether you’re looking for outdoor adventure, cultural experiences, or relaxation, the area has something for everyone to enjoy! For more enjoyable activities and day trips see goonengerry.com
“We loved Little River Wooli Cottage, with its well-appointed living spaces and generous amenities. The main cottage is set one floor above the ground and catches a delightful cross-breeze even on the hottest day, so it was the perfect retreat after each day at the beach. Our hosts were quick to respond to any query, and we felt well looked after. Highly recommended!”
STEPHANIE | AIRBNB: LITTLE RIVER WOOLI | JANUARY 2023
“We had the most incredible stay at Greg and Alison’s place. The house was beautiful and so tastefully decorated. A perfect blend of farmhouse and modern living. Alison and Greg were the most wonderful and generous hosts taking us on a walking food tour and sharing produce from their farm. we were sad to leave and can’t wait to come back.”
JACKIE | AIRBNB: CROMWELL FARM HOUSE, GOONENGERRY | DECEMBER 2022
“Highly recommend this little pocket of paradise! Extremely reasonably priced for the area, stunning views, stylish details in an industrial farm chic home. The hosts are lovely and very accommodating. Fresh eggs on tap. Loved it”
BRENDAN | AIRBNB: MIDDLE SHED, GOONENGERRY | NOVEMBER 2022
191 Sheaffes Road,
BYRON BAY / 35 MINUTES
MULLUMBIMBY / 20 MINUTES
GOLD COAST / 60 MINUTES