- 1 1/4 cups ketchup, preferably organic
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice (or you can sub apple cider vinegar)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon worchestire sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (use less if you don't like the heat)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 cold water mixed with 1 tablespoon corn starch (optional)
Our youngest daughter does not know it yet but she is about to become more famous. I’ve decided to name a BBQ sauce in development after her. Bella gets this honour for picking out a big pack of Sweet Baby Raes BBQ Sauce.
We are a serious sauce family and love to dip and coat most things we eat. Wings and Ribs being some of our favourite things to sauce up. Right now Alison is prepping some of our Free Range Pork Ribs and I heard an uh oh we are almost out of Sweet Baby Rae. A quick look online and bam direct from the Windy City (indirect more likely) here is what the internet says is SWBR BBQ sauce.
Let’s see what Bella has to say in a taste off.