- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (see note)
- 1 1/3cups loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2/3 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced or pressed through garlic press (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Jody Vassallo you changed our lives by introducing us to the green goodness that is Chimme Churri. I hope you have forgiven me for abandoning you in our kitchen and stealing your boyfriend that first night we met to get the pump going. My girls are in love with this sauce and have asked me to make another big batch.
Here is the recipe I used as my guideline but who knows what I did exactly. As usual I raided the garden and mixed, chopped and smashed it all together. One thing for sure it got better over time as the ingredients settle in. Maybe that will happen to me in the next few years…but I doubt it.
Made this up to go along with a big hunk of Dexter T-Bone section and the Eye Filet that our mate Rosco cooked up on the BBQ and smoker. Devine. Not sure if its allowed but we used it on eggs, chicken wings, sausages, fish cakes and anything we could find to dip into it. What a great all rounder.