- 4 free-range pork chops (about 250-300g each)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lemons
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 8 pieces
- 80g unsalted butter
- 2 kipfler potatoes, peeled and cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra
- The pork is great drizzled with aged balsamic vinegar. Or try the salad with dried fruit such as dates, prunes or apricots. I also like it with a chopped jalapeno chilli or two folded through. Or you can replace the lemon juice with 1-2 tbsp verjuice.
It seems fitting the first recipe google gave to me when searching for a recipe for our Free Range Pork was this one. Our farming buddies the Swans are going to be excited to hear how we go with the chops from the pig we just got back. Time to get the girls prepping.