Fresh pasta using Cromwell Farms eggs.
- 5 fresh eggs
- 500 gm plain flour
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and give them a quick whisk to break them up.
- Add the flour and using a fork mix together to form a scrappy looking dough.
- Using your hands, press and squeeze the dough together and begin kneading it, pressing and folding.. pressing and folding.. until you have a smooth ball of dough (around 8-10 minutes).
- Wrap and set aside to rest for 1 hour.
- Place on a flat surface and using a rolling pin, press out the dough and begin rolling it flat, giving it a quarter turn every so often to keep the shape and thickness even.
- Continue rolling and turning (dusting with a little flour if the dough is sticking) until it's thin enough to see the shadow of your hand through.
- Cut into manageable sized pieces and into your desired shape and size (tagliatelle, pappardelle, lasagne).
- Cook in salted boiling water for about 3 minutes, or until al dente, and toss with something delicious like beef ragu – yum!